Monday, September 2, 2013

The Finished Product

Happy Labor Day! I hope that everyone was able to get a second wind and enjoy a long weekend with family and friends. Although I had the best intentions of sharing the excitement of the first few days of school with you (in real time), I quickly realized that opening a brand new school is a whole new kind of crazy! I am just now coming up for air and finding time to blog! I can't wait to share the pictures of my new classroom with you. I hope you like my new space as much as I do! I am so blessed to have such a beautiful place to teach. After waiting all summer with anticipation, the construction crew finally moved out and we moved in to our brand new school on August 17. It came down to the wire, but we managed to open the doors for open house on August 25, (my birthday) and school opened for students on August 26. What a magical day! 


What my classroom looked like two weeks ago! A blank canvas!
I have lots of spots! I made this sign for my door and I just love the re-positionable spots I found a Hobby Lobby.

Welcome to Room 141- that's the spot for Social Studies!
The teacher's spot!
Wild about my new desk
A spot for my books!
I love my chevron baskets and cubbies for storage!
Colorful pennants are the perfect alternative to a curtain. I love how the chevron, zebra and dots come together here.
My favorite spot! 
This is one my student's favorite places to work.
A spot for reading about the world! 
Oh, the places in the world we will go this year!
This book rack was being tossed out by someone else and it made a perfect addition to my reading spot. One teacher's trash is certainly another teacher's treasure.

Supply caddies ready for group work!
Supply Center
Cork strips for hanging student work.
Motivational spot!
Word Wall- GRAPES for Social Studies
Artifacts from around the world. I love my chevron crate benches.
Magnetic Name Plate for my desk and of course, more spots.
I love my new room!

Have a great week and remember to be SENSATIONAL!
post signature

1 comment:

  1. OMG I love how your classroom looks like!! I found your blog and I am in love! Where were you when I was learning social studies in school??! :) I love all your blog post and this is just full of ideas! Awesome!

    x0x0

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing,
Cindy